Sunday, July 3, 2016

week 11

This week’s reading and material built upon the principles of family and making sure that one’s family is always put before a career. While the world may look at entrepreneurs who only focus on their business or career as successful, I feel that that is the farther thing from the truth. I really liked a few of the articles and videos this week that dealt with balancing ones career with one’s family. I feel that this is crucial to overall success. Currently I work in the retail industry. While the position I am in allows me to have time off when needed, I do work quite a few evenings as well as Saturday. An example of how I balance my job and my family is on my days off, I try my hardest to stay off of social media and I do not check my work email. This allows me the time that my family needs me to devote to them. Not only do they need it, but I need it. That is one of the major things that I learned this week. In order to be successful, you must be balanced. If your only focus is on work, than you will never measure up to your full potential.
A few questions that I was asked to answer are as follows:
What is my attitude towards money? Money is a good thing, as long as it is not your primary focus. There is nothing wrong with it being important, but the moment it becomes the most important thing in a person’s life, that person has failed. The way you live will change, the way you interact will change. My father used to tell me growing up that the more you earn the more you spend. That is and always will be a dangerous habit.
The following are some good rules to follow if you want to prosper:
Rule 1. Seek the Lord and have hope in him
Rule 2. Keep the commandments, that includes the temporal ones, tithing and fast offerings.
Rule 3. Think about money and plan how you can become self-reliant.
Rule 4. Take advantage of chances for learning so you will not be ignorant of these matters. Education, as President Hinckley has taught us, is the Key to Opportunity.
Rule 5. Learn the laws upon which the blessings of wealth are predicated.
Rule 6. Do not send away the naked, the hungry, the thirsty or the sick or those who are held captive.




No comments:

Post a Comment