Sunday, June 26, 2016

week 10

One of the greatest realizations that I have taken from this weeks reading was from the talk that Dallin H. Oaks gave about the challenge to become. He said, “ In contrast to the institutions of the world, which teach us to know something, the gospel of Jesus Christ challenges us to become something.” This really made me think about how we are children of our heavenly father. I liken that relationship to that of myself and my earthly father. He wants me to be happy, he wants me to succeed and he wants me to always make sure that I am stretching myself so that I can continue to grow. This is exactly what our heavenly father wants for us as well.
From a presentation entitled Think Big, Taylor Richards encourages us to do just that. Thinking big is a form a challenging yourself to become something or someone that is successful, reliable, honest, and respected.  His example of how his boat dealership was listed in the very top of the best 100 dealers in the nation for multiple years shows that he was following his own advice. When he filled out the application to be ranked, he was not planning on making it. He was a new dealer at that point in time, but wanted to create a goal or a path for his dealership.
I really enjoyed the readings this week and invite anyone who would like to follow the posted links and check them out.



No comments:

Post a Comment