Thursday, June 2, 2016

This week I spent a great deal of time discussing mastery and how to achieve it. For me it helped me realize the importance of prioritizing and remaining energized. Having a 10 month old sometimes makes it really easy to be lazy when she is sleeping or is out shopping with her mom. I need to make sure that I stay active so that I have the energy to be a good father and succeed at work each day as well. 
For me, the most important habit would be to seek to understand, then be understood. I am a problem solver. Quite often, my wife wants to talk about something, and all I want to do is fix whatever she is struggling with. While this is not a bad thing, sometimes the easiest fix is to just listen to her. Most often, she just wants to vent and tell me about whatever is troubling her. She knows that by me listening, the problem will work itself out. This is where I tend to go wrong as well and why it is the most important of the 7 habits discussed in this weeks reading. I feel that this is where I need the most improvement currently. 

No comments:

Post a Comment