Monday, June 13, 2016

week 8

This weeks material couldn’t have came at a better time for me personally. My wife lost her mother this week unexpectedly. I had read a talk from Elder Holland (a leader of the LDS faith that I am a member of) about never giving up no matter how long it takes to achieve something. I am not going to speak about my family other than to say the material has helped me cope this week with the loss of a loved one. Throughout my career as a business leader, I will experience challenges that will make me want to quit, or to step back. Taking those actions will never bring me happiness, success, or growth. No matter how long the challenge or task takes, I need to see it through. There probably will be challenges that I might never overcome, but I need to keep trying. I need to never give up. That is the only way to truly find reward in life. I remember a quote from my mission president from years ago that I feel pertains to this weeks material, “coasting is not progression.” Coasting in life and or business will never lead you towards growth.

Eric Reis’s 5 whys were also very helpful to me this week. He said the 5 whys are so important to development and I whole heartedly agree with him. I feel that the example of a server going down and everyone felt that the server needed attention, while in the end it was actually a manager not doing the proper training because he didn’t believe it in. 

No comments:

Post a Comment